Electrical Safety and Technical Regulation
Our Electrical Safety and Technical Regulation (ESTR) division comprises business units that manage:
- Electrical Installation Safety
- Electrical Equipment Safety and Efficiency
- Safety Outcomes Assurance (work practices and network infrastructure safety)
- Line Clearance Assurance (vegetation around powerlines)
- Regulatory Assurance
- Data and Analytics, and
- Process and Practice
Our ESTR division has responsibilities to:
- ensure the electrical safety of electrical generation, transmission and distribution systems, electrical installations and electrical equipment
- control the electrical safety standards of electrical work carried out by electrical workers, and
- promote the prevention and mitigation of bushfire danger.
Our electrical group consists of electrical inspectors, engineers, arborists, work practices advisors, and data and analytics experts.
I started working with ESV around six years ago as a safety systems auditor, and now manage the Line Clearance Assurance team. The team works to ensure vegetation is kept clear of power lines; protecting Victoria against threats such as bushfire.
Over the years, I’ve found a true culture of support at ESV, assisting with my professional development opportunities and work life balance. People look out for each other here – it’s an organisation that truly values its people. I’d highly recommend ESV to anyone.